Problem with SATA

Duncan Lithgow duncan at lithgow-schmidt.dk
Tue Jul 18 12:21:08 UTC 2006

On 18/07/06, Sumesh K.S <iamubuntu at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sir,
> When I try to install Ubuntu(New Version)on my friend's PC (It Contain a
> SATA HDD) it hangs when loading Partionser. I check on another machine it
> also Hangs.

I heard that when installing 5.10 on machines with ATA and SATA disks
some people had more luck with SATA by unplugging the ATA disk. Maybe
that will help. You should definately have a look in BIOS and see thta
it's set up right. If windows is on the system now, does it see the
disk? What about the live Ubuntu session, can you mount the SATA drive
from there?

Duncan