Ubuntu - File Copy Seems Resource Intensive

Gregory PiƱero gregpinero at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 19:10:25 UTC 2006

On 7/17/06, ubuntu at rio.vg <ubuntu at rio.vg> wrote:
> You can use "ionice", but one thing you might want to try: Do you have
> the same problem with ext3 to ext3 copies?  Earlier, you mentioned you
> were copying from NTFS, and NTFS support in Linux is less than complete...

Good point, I've only tried it with ntfs to ext3.  Perhaps that
requires a lot more resources from Ubuntu?

I have compared doing this same task in Ubuntu vs Xubuntu and Xubuntu
seems to allow the rest of the system to run normally.  I guess that's
to be expected.  Perhaps I could just live in Xunbuntu.

-Greg Pinero