Vmware player will not start after reboot

Sean Malone smalone at u-city.k12.mo.us
Mon Jul 17 14:36:40 UTC 2006

Hello everybody,

I"ve been having problems with VMware player on my Ubuntu laptop for about a week.  At frist I would get an error while I start it up.  I couldn't uninstall it thru synaptic.  I got it to start up when I downloaded VMware player from vmware.com, I ran the script and it installed vmware player.  I started it up and it ran fine.  However, If I rebooot my laptop, vmware player will not start.  I get the following: vmware is installed, but it has not been (correctly) configured for this system. To (re-)configure it, invoke the following command:
/usr/bin/vmware-config.pl.

After I run the command wmware-config.pl the player would start, but If I reboot it will not.  The only way that I know is to run vmware-config.pl.  Can anyone help me with this?  Thanks.

Sean