How create source DVD-ROM with my APT Cache

José Paulo Matafome Oleiro matafomeoleiro at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 11:09:00 UTC 2006

Yes I've refreshed the database of synaptics, but the packages doesn't
appear. Anyone can help me. Since this will be the only way that I can
help school in the place where I'm living. I wan't to install edubuntu
at a kid schools, where my mother works. but they don't have any type of
access to the Internet. Some packages like the language package are
incomplete in the installation but in the repos they are complete for
the portuguese language, and if I can do this I can try getting more
friends of mine to GNU/Linux specially to Ubuntu distribution, and this
is a good way of sharing knowledge to others who deserve it. Showing the
way how they can do all tasks they do in Windows, with less difference.
Thanks for your help.

Seg, 2006-07-17 às 18:53 +1000, ben darby escreveu:

> * Jos? Paulo Matafome Oleiro (matafomeoleiro at gmail.com) wrote:
> > I've done all the HowTo but there is one problem. When I'm finished and
> > trying to add the DVD to apt-cdrom add, all works fine but after this,
> > when I'm search in synaptics for the packages they don't appear, where
> > is the problem or where I can fix it??
> > Thanks for your unvaluable help
>
> have you run sudo apt-get update or refreshed the synaptic packages
> list?
>
> --
> ben darby <ben at cvrse.com>

Sincerely