Ubuntu process for requesting upgraded packages

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Sun Jul 16 22:29:00 UTC 2006

What is the most appropriate Ubuntu method for asking Ubuntu package
maintainers for an update to a newer release of a packege for Edgy?  Is it
via e-mail here or to the devel list or is that something to write a
specification or a bug on launchpad?

The case in point is that Postfix 2.3 was just released and while I plan to
keep my production servers on Dapper with Postfix 2.2 for some time, I am
interestrd to start experimenting with the new milter features added in 2.3.

Scott K