Doubled events

Lea Gris lea.gris at noiraude.net
Sun Jul 16 21:47:50 UTC 2006

José Paulo Matafome Oleiro a écrit :
> Sorry, I've misunderstood, because my lazy english. Why you don't use
> the kernel for 64bits processors? (I think this exist)
> I think is that the problem. Because the processor receive 32 bits off
> data and handle it like it be 64 bits, so doubling the data. I not sure
> about this, since I'm newbie to Linux. Anyone more can help.

It didnt show this doubled events problem before kernel 2.6.15.25.

I tryied Ubuntu 64bits and had too much troubles running 32bit only
binaries and didn't like the fakeroot hack. Lack of supported codecs,
lack of supported games, lack of supported plugins (flash). Cedega +
World Of Warcraft worked fine surprisingly :)

Using this computer for Games, Desktop app, and my telecomuting work time.

My experience with the 64bit kernel and binaries didn't show a
significant improvment. Mainly 10% more speed and much more troubles
than addvantages for this type of use.

I could only recommand ia64 linux for heavy data moving applications
such as (huge databases.

--
Léa Gris