Webmin

Albert Charron acharron at videotron.ca
Fri Jul 14 13:11:08 UTC 2006

OOzy Pal wrote:
> On 7/10/06, Chris Lemire <linux.user400354 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> did you get webmin installed? ive been trying to get it also. did you
>> have
>> any problems installing it?
>>

>> On 7/9/06, OOzy Pal < oozypal at gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> How can I install Webmin? Where can I find in deb.
>>
>> --
>> OOzy
>> Kubuntu-Dapper
>>
>> --
>>

> Sorry Chris for the late reply. I never had time to install webmin.
>
> Anyhow, webmin works fine with me.
>
> I downloaded the source then at the webmin directory I wrote
>
> ./setup.sh
>
> then everything is installed perfectly.
>
> Thank you

Now, there's a .deb file available from Webmin, but be careful... it
doesn't support sudoers right now and will install configuring itself
with the root user and password... Webmin developpers are aware of the
problem (there was a thread on webmin's mailing list) and the situation
should be fixed soon...  Until the problem is fixed, you should download
and install from sources.  It's working perfectly...

  Albert Charron
  Linux Counter member #157482
  Registered computers: 195048, 164158, 279022, 323762, 328344