Removing old kernel entries in GRUB boot loader menu

Jared Buck jared.buck at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 23:04:23 UTC 2006

Hi all!

I have Ubuntu 6.06 on my machine in a dual boot configuration and yesterday
I downloaded the latest kernel version through sofrware updates (using
update manager).  The GRUB menu is looking very crowded now and I'd like to
be able to remove some of the older kernel entries (leaving the current
kernel and the previous kernel version selectable and leaving Windows XP on
the menu)  I know you have to edit a certain file to do this, but how would
I go about doing so and what would I need to remove from the file to make it
show the current and previous kernel versions only?

Jared