Ubuntu installation for AMD64

didier mariño didier_marinio at yahoo.es
Thu Jul 13 19:09:22 UTC 2006

Hello friend,

  I have already downloaded  the Ubunto ISO file for AMD64  and I have set the CD drive as bootable in the BIOS, but it does do nothing. ¿What can I do?

  I have windows XP on my PC and my hard disk is already divided into two parts; I just want to install Ubunto on one  of this parts, But I need to kown step by step what to do.

  Thanks a lot for your help,

sethmahoney <ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org> escribió:

Yes. Download the alternate install ISO instead of the default one.
This will give you a text-mode installation which a lot fewer people
have problems with.

--
sethmahoney

LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.