Ubuntu is not free.

Norton Roman nortontr at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 14:20:43 UTC 2006

Right, but we may end up in a circle, whereby we need a lot more people to
make some pressure, and we can gather more people only if we allow non-free
stuff to be shipped with ubuntu...

that's not a simple matter of "I don't want it and you should make it as I
wich".

By the way, there is no way of providing reliable figures about any of the
questions above... you cannot tell people would abandon ubuntu for sure, but
you cannot tell they wouldn't move back to windows either. intuition says
they would move back... and that's something that even micro$oft takes very
seriously (I think that's the main reason why they did not build a brand new
OS from scratch).