Problems synching Ubuntu and Palm TX

Julio Biason julio.biason at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 12:19:41 UTC 2006

On 7/13/06, Marius Gedminas <marius at pov.lt> wrote:
> What device did you choose?
>
> My Palm Tungsten T works with the port set to /dev/ttyUSB0 (speed
> 115200, type USB).
>
> Palm m500 and Tungsten T3 use /dev/ttyUSB1 instead.

I tried a lot of things, even editing udev rules, and later I found
out that there is already a rule to point the correct ttyUSB* to
/dev/pilot.

I've also added the Pilot-applet on my panel and, after some tries, I
decided to press the button on the palm itself (and not in the
cradle). I could get the info from the system, but it couldn't sync.
Two hours later, I tried again and, finally, manage to sync.

I still don't know why it runs, then crashes, then runs again...

--
Julio Biason <julio.biason at gmail.com>