Hibernate does not work after kernel update (resume=/dev/hdx missing)

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Wed Jul 12 14:23:16 UTC 2006

Nils wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> To get hibernate working I had to add the kenrel option
> resume=/dev/hdx after installing ubuntu to /boot/grub/menu.lst.
> However somebody on IRC told me that I can set the parameter
> RESUME=/dev/hda4 in /etc/mkinitramfs/initramfs.conf and the it should
> work automatically. However it did not :(
>
> What can I do that hibernate works automatically after hibernate?

I don't quite see your problem. The resume option in initramfs.conf seems to
work for me, as that's the only place afaik where my suspend partition is
recorded, but if you have it working with resume=/dev/hda4 in grub, then
just add it to menu.lst.  Be sure to add it to the "# defoptions" line (as
per the example in the menu.lst file) so that future kernel installs get
the option.
--
derek