odbc

Alan McKinnon alan at linuxholdings.co.za
Wed Jul 12 14:02:22 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-07-12 at 14:22 +0100, MarcG wrote:
> I've just moved over from Gentoo to Ubuntu and am trying to connect OOo
> to MySQL. How do I get MyODBC? I tried to apt-get libmyodbc, but it's
> not there. I get a message that it's referred to by another package and
> so it's either missing or obsolete. Is there some other package that
> contains MyODBC?

It's in the universe repository, which is not enabled by default. Two
ways:

1. Edit /etc/apt/sources.list and uncomment the relevant lines
2.System -> Administration -> Software Properties gives a gui to
accomplish the same thing. Uncheck the repos that list 'universe' in the
small font comments

alan