Ubuntu a poor choice for servers

Alan McKinnon alan at linuxholdings.co.za
Tue Jul 11 14:02:06 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-07-11 at 20:36 +0800, Charles Yao wrote:

> So what would you guys recommend for servers? thats easy to to
> administer of course. we do not have any IT staff to configure it if
> its gonna be complicated.

One word:

Debian

If you want a pointy-clicky distro that comes with an invoice (which
always makes the suits smile for reasons I can't fathom), then RHEL4 is
a good choice.

And if the admins run for the hills howling in fear at the very thought
of loading a config file into an editor, you'd give them SLES

alan