Image attachments and dialup (was Re: whats the deal with fire fox)

Peter Garrett peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au
Tue Jul 11 10:16:30 UTC 2006

On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 15:29:21 +0200
"Dimitri Mallis" <dimitri.mallis at gmail.com> wrote:

[snip]

> [Screenshot-System Monitor.png  image/png (191.8KB)]

Speaking of resource hogs...

Not everyone is on broadband. *Please don't attach screenshots like this*
- put them on a server/pastebin and link them, or at the very least
compress/resize them in the gimp. In any case, what you wanted to show
was text, and could have been copy pasted from, for example, the
"top"command,  with an explanation.

You might think 192KB is trivial - do the maths on it: at 5KB/sec, how long
would your mail take to download? What would happen if everyone did this ?

As it happens, I now have a decent connection, but when I was on dialup
this kind of thing drove me crazy!

Grrrrrr !

Peter