Sylpheed-claws: importing Evolution address book ??

Shelagh Manton oneida at tpg.com.au
Tue Jul 11 06:34:45 UTC 2006

On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 05:28:03 +0200, Vincent Trouilliez wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am hoping someone can save my bacon...
>
> I am trying to migrate from Evolution to Sylpheed-claws. I have moved all
> my mail, and re-created all my filters. Now the final touch consists of
> importing my Evolution address book !
>
> on this page:
> http://claws.sylpheed.org/tools.php
> I spotted a python script that apparently aims at doing just that, and
> implies that I must first export my Evolution addressbook as a "vCard". I
> did that, but then when I run the script, it fails to convert it.

I won't even begin to analyse that script. Hmm! I did the change a few
months ago and did not find it difficult at all. Which means that it isn't.
I'm sure that if you save your evolution vcard somewhere obvious instead
of inside some hidden directory, you can find it with sylpheed and then
open it from sylpheed and transfer data to the address book. I still have
my old vcard sitting around because I'm too indecisive to sort out what
needs to be kept and what needs to go.

Yes,I just checked. Open up your address book in sylpheed
ctr-shift-a then look under book new vcard. Then you will open up a
dialogue that will let you look for the list.vcf (i'm assuming you
id save a vcard in evolution.)

You can access it directly or move data over to your sylpheed address
books,

 Shelagh