Praising Opera 9

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 19:14:12 UTC 2006

On 10/07/06, Alexander Skwar <listen at alexander.skwar.name> wrote:
> > Well, I don't like it. Actually, there are a lot of Opera defaults
> > that I don't like, but I was able to change them. This one it seems
> > cannot be changed.
>
> Tools -> Preferences -> Advanced -> Shortcuts -> Middle Click options

Ah, didn't see that. Thanks.

> > Another Opera gripe: I cannot see where the scrollbar is! It is almost
> > the exact same colour as it's background. I didn't see any obvious way
> > of changing this, either.
>
> Well, there are many themes out there - maybe a different one fits your
> needs better?

Maybe I will, but most of the ones I've seen look like they were
designed by thirteen year olds to match their myspace profiles.
Probably they were.

> But, see http://www.myimg.de/?img=BildschirmfotoKNodeOpera165.png
> On this screenshot, I'm showing how my screen looks like. In the foregrund,
> there's KNode and in the background Opera 9. The scrollbars look more
> or less the same (at least the colors of the scrollbars). So, it fits
> more or less well to the system.

Hm, I must be blind, because I find that I need nice visible
scrollbars, like these:
http://dotancohen.com/scrollbars.png

Notice that the Opera scrollbar is on the right, and the Konqueror
scrollbar is on the left. That is because of my Hebrew locale- right
becomes left and vice versa. (I love KDE!)

Dotan Cohen
http://essentialinux.com