Praising Opera 9

Alexander Skwar listen at alexander.skwar.name
Mon Jul 10 18:40:42 UTC 2006

· Alf-Ivar Holm <alfh at student.matnat.uio.no>:
> Alexander Skwar <listen at alexander.skwar.name> writes:

>> What do you actually mean with "3rd mouse button"? On a right handed
>> mouse, is this the right button or the middle button?
>
> This is X windows-speak (as I remember it) for the left button on a
> right handed mouse.

Seems to be wrong. In the X configuration, there's an option
to "Emulate3Buttons". In man 4x mouse, you can find:

       Option "Emulate3Buttons" "boolean"
              Enable/disable  the emulation of the third (middle) mouse button
              for mice which only have two physical buttons.  The third button
              is  emulated  by pressing both buttons simultaneously.  Default:
              off

"emulation of the third (*MIDDLE*) mouse button".

It also wouldn't make much sense, if it were different - if you've got
a mouse with 2 buttons, what numbers do those buttons have?

>>> Then you don't want Opera,
>>
>> Actually, I'd like Opera, if it had a useable adblocker (useable =
>> Adblock+).
>
> File a "wish"!

Where? On http://www.opera.com/support/, I can only find places to
file bug reports.