Need some assisstance with APT-PROXY please

ben darby ben at cvrse.com
Mon Jul 10 08:10:42 UTC 2006

> > > apt-proxy, and doing everything I could think of, you have solved the
> > > problem and all I needed to do was remove 6 characters from apt.conf.
> > >
> > > HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THAT??? IS DOESN'T SAY ANYWHERE.
> > > MOREOVER WHY WAS IT CHANGED??
> > > I am really a little put out by that.

i had the problem when i was using dapper pre-release and this line only
changed in the RC1 all the previous flights/betas it was correct, and
after going through the same processes u probably did i realised the
difference from the dist-upgraded boxes. however i didnt catch it
before the final release as i was a bit late downloading the RC.
why havent i filed a bug report? well i helped someone else out with
this just after release (not sure if it was on this list) and they
said they would file a bug report and i havent thought about it since
except adding it to my blog. good to hear that its working now for you.

--
ben darby <ben at cvrse.com>