Alternative to Drakbackup

Ouattara Aziz wattazoum at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 06:45:02 UTC 2006

Hi there,

I was wondering if there was an alternative to drakbakup from mandriva
on Ubuntu . Regarding a post of someone who wanted to have everything
backed up on one clic and restored on another click, I couldn't help but
think of drakbackup. I would Like to have my home server running Ubuntu,
but I can't ( in fact I could but I won't cauz' it'll take me to much
time to administrate it). I think that Ubuntu suffers of the lack of
graphical tools like the drakxtools . Maybe I am mistaking. For instance
I was thinking there was no graphical tool on Ubuntu like XFBdrake (
remote desktop manager ) and I have been happily surprised to see it
exists on ubuntu. So now, I am looking for ubuntu alternatives.

If there isn't, do you think it would be difficult to port it from
mandriva to Ubuntu ?

Best regards