Deinstall package *INCLUDING* all dependencies

Gabriel M Dragffy dragffy at yandex.ru
Sat Jul 8 18:08:19 UTC 2006

Synaptic or apt-get won't do this. BUT if you install mplayer with
aptitude then aptitude would remove the dependencies that were installed
with it. This is because aptitude removes automatically selected
software that depends on manually selected software which is being
removed. This is not true for synaptic. Which I find a it annoying, I
often browse and search sofware using the GUI but then resort to CLI and
aptitude in install/remove.