TOR and privoxy : argh !

Eric Hanchrow offby1 at blarg.net
Sat Jul 8 17:26:03 UTC 2006

>>>>> "use" == use real email ulist <use_real_email_ulist at ohiggins.ubuntu.com> writes:

    use> according to :
    use> http://wiki.noreply.org/noreply/TheOnionRouter/TorOnDebian

    use> it says:Do not use the packages in ubuntu's universe.  They
    use> are not maintained and most likely old and therefore miss out
    use> on stability and possibly security fixes.

I wonder if that advice is outdated -- Roger Dingledine just announced
tor version 0.1.0.17, and the version I've got on my Dapper box --
which comes from Ubuntu's own repositories -- is Version:
0.1.0.16-1ubuntu2.  So it seems to me that the Ubuntu package isn't
outdated.

--
As economics is known as "The Miserable Science", software
engineering should be known as "The Doomed Discipline"