Ubuntu is not free.

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at zmsl.com
Sat Jul 8 14:43:56 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-08-07 at 16:00 +0200, meets at free.fr wrote:
> I was in fact speaking for the men who reported the facts, just before
> me : I gave the links in my first post.
> Otherwise, why should a free software user want theses components be
> put in the kernel

Once again, not every free software user feels the same way you do.
Being a free software user means "use free software". As for why they
want a proprietary kernel module... well... perhaps they prefer that
their video card work well.

>  when no other distribution does, for the free
> software reasons already told ?

Do you honestly believe that other distributions are 100% free software?
Which planet did you come from? SUSE, Xandros and others have tons of
proprietary software that they develop. Ubuntu has less proprietary
software than most distros, and it produces no proprietary software of
its own. Go complain to Xandros ok?

> I fancy you are old enough to give your point of view. I was not
> talking for you : I haven't known you long enough :D

But you were quick to say what "free software users" want. You don't
speak for all free software users. I'm a free software user and you
don't speak for me.

--
http://opendocumentfellowship.org
  "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the