Windooze XP Partitions and hidden files!!

Anthony Gardner cyclewood_ltd at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jul 6 10:05:39 UTC 2006

I don't know much about M$ but I wanted to install Ubuntu for a friend and in her XP installation, she has two partiotins, c and d.

C has all her stuff and d is empty.

When I went to partition her drive in ubuntu, I saw that there was 9.55MB used on the d drive.

Does anyone know what that might be?

Here's what I noted ....

/dev/hda1 ntfs 27.94GB used 9.23 unused 18.71 Flags boot
/dev/hda2 extended 27.95 used -- unused -- Flags lba
   -> /dev/hda5 ntfs 27.95 used 9.55MB unused 27.94

Can someone tell me what lba means, too?

Any info would be gr8. Thanks

CIA

-Ants