Fstab and JFS

Michal Ludvig michal at logix.cz
Wed Jul 5 23:02:02 UTC 2006

Gabriel M Dragffy wrote:
> Using that line doesn't work because it includes "user", as I already
> pointed out using options such as  umask, users, user, uid, gid don't
> work. Have you tried it?

I did, it works:

~$ cat /etc/fstab
[...]
/dev/loop7      /tmp/m1 jfs     user    0       0

~$ mount /tmp/m1
~$ mount
[...]
/dev/loop7 on /tmp/m1 type jfs (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev,user=mludvig)

See?

Obviously umask, uid, gid don't work as JFS is a unixish filesystem that knows about users and permissions.

> mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hda5,
>        missing codepage or other error

Start with simple "user" in fstab and add more options once you see the basic works.

Michal
* http://www.logix.cz/michal