Anyone know qemu?

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at zmsl.com
Wed Jul 5 21:14:52 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-05-07 at 23:00 +0200, Alexander Skwar wrote:
> > It's an example of how to write a lot without actually helping the user
> > get anything done.
>
> Yep. It's also inconsistent. And the mailinglist...

:-)

> That's not the way it goes. You basically create a *blank* disk image,
> start qemu, make it boot from a CD (or ISO) and then install Windows (or
> whatever OS) on that disk, just as if you were installing a real computer
> from scratch.

Ok, I'm learning... I know how to create a blank disk image. I also
figured out how to boot from a CD...

qemu-img create -f qcow c.img 2G
qemu -cdrom /dev/cdrom

Now I need to figure out how to put these together. Do you know how I
can boot from the CD ROM and also specify that c.img is supposed to be a
blank hard disk on this virtual computer?

Thanks for the help!

Cheers,
Daniel.
--
http://opendocumentfellowship.org
  "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the