LPI exams - Ubuntu Certification

Alan McKinnon alan at linuxholdings.co.za
Wed Jul 5 12:44:44 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-07-05 at 12:22 +0200, nodata wrote:
> > when it asks how to "save and exit", what if I am used to using :wq and
> > the exam expects me two say :x ?  Does it really matter if I know
> > that :x can save and exit as long as I am able to save and exit it?
>
> Last time I checked, it was multiple choice.

Not entirely accurate. There are three types of questions:

a. Multiple, choice single correct answer
b. Multiple choice, multiple correct answers
c. Fill in the blank

Most questions are type a. A representative split would be 60%/25%/15%
of the three types. The question Daniel cites would be best done as type
b, it would probably fail the QA check if it were formed as type c. But,
it would probably never pass the pilot check as 100% of people would get
it right and therefore invalidate it.

alan