how to convert to ReiserFS ?

Alexander Skwar listen at alexander.skwar.name
Wed Jul 5 05:15:33 UTC 2006

Scott Kitterman wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Jul 2006 12:48:09 +0100 "Dick Davies" <rasputnik at gmail.com> wrote:
>>On 04/07/06, Alexander Skwar <listen at alexander.skwar.name> wrote:
>>
>>> So, with noatime, the 5 second sync, about which Mario complained, won't
>>> happen? The FAQ isn't clear about this. It only contains:
>>
>>>     It's the atime update. Every time you run sync, the sync program's
> atime is updated. The next sync writes this atime update, then sync gets
> updated again...
>>
>>That looks pretty clear to me.
>>Preventing atime updates would break this cycle.
>>
> What happens is atimes aren't updated?

Exactly. If a fs is mounted noatime, the atimes aren't updated.
For me, that's no loss - I never used atimes. And there's just
one tool that *I* know which uses atimes - mutt makes use of
the atime to see if a mbox file is updated. Or something like this.

Alexander Skwar
--
A fool-proof method for sculpting an elephant: first, get a huge block of
marble; then you chip away everything that doesn't look like an elephant.