Has Ubuntu Replaced Windows on Your Box?

Albert Charron acharron at videotron.ca
Wed Jul 5 02:55:45 UTC 2006

brendon wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-07-05 at 02:19 +0100, mariov wrote:
>
>> I replaced my Windows XP with Ubuntu in my IBM laptop, i have vmware
>> with windows vista running on it, but just testing.
>>

> yip ubuntu has replaced windows on my computer i wouldn't run windows
> again even if i was paid to lol

>   brendon

some time ago, I wrote on this list that Ubuntu has replaced Windows on
my old laptop, but that I couldn't do the same on my desktop, for
hardware compatibility reasons... Since then, I tried Dapper on this
computer and... WOW... everything works... even my Lucent winmodem, my
SoundBlaster Live 24 and my digital camera were detected properly...

I have to admit that I still have a Windows partition (some games I like
aren't playable on Linux), but I didn't boot Windows for a week now...

I've been a Linux guy since RedHat 5.1, but was never able to use Linux
properly on my desktop... Now, thanks to Ubuntu, I can use my favorite OS!!!

  Albert Charron
  Linux Counter member #157482
  Registered computers: 195048, 164158, 279022, 323762, 328344