Counterstrike and Quake

Paul Cutler silwenae at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 00:56:43 UTC 2006

If you're looking to game on Linux, especially first person shooters, you
have a bunch of choices.

Epic's Unreal 2004, and almost all of it's mods, are available natively on
Linux.   I can't help you with Counter-Strike, but you might want to check
out TO: Crossfire (http://www.to-crossfire.net/) a free UT2k4 mod that plays
similarily to Counter-strike.

Most iD engine games are available natively on Linux, include Quake 2, 3,
and 4 and Doom 3.  Quake3, now that the source code has been released, is
being updated over at www.icculus.org.

Other FPS' are available, including Tremulous or Nexuiz.

Give 'em a shot - I bet one of 'em can fill your need for a shooter.

Paul