PC laptop sync software ?

Eric S. Johansson esj at harvee.org
Tue Jul 4 03:16:20 UTC 2006

Dave S wrote:

> Thank you for that, it looks very promissing. Just a point my XP laptop runs
> just like a Dapper laptop with the live CD & memory stick, just a bit slow.
> All development is 100% linux :)

as I've said in other posts, I've had problems with unison especially
going from Linux to windows to flash.  Usually in some form of
permissions problem that's completely obtuse and I just shrugged and
ignore it.  If the files are important, I copied them and hopefully the
permission problem does not follow.

but I found another system which looks to be much more interesting than
unison in terms of its ability to synchronize across N systems.
unfortunately, it seems to be a bit of abandoned ware and it's based on
plan nine libraries which may or may not be a good thing.

http://swtch.com/tra/

if you have the cycles and one to rejuvenate it, it looks like he would
be significantly better especially for those of us that want to
synchronize parts of home directories across multiple machines.