USB mouse not working upon bootup

HarveyB ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Mon Jul 3 02:14:19 UTC 2006

Can anybody confirm if this has been sorted. I too have the problem of
having to unplug and replug my MX900 mouse every time I boot up. I have
looked through a number of posts and this seems to be ongoing with
various types of changes to the system required.

I have checked for changes in the loaded modules after replugging in
the mouse and I have found the following;

hci_usb is used by 2 devices and bluetooth is used by 8 devices on
bootup (when mouse does not work)

After replugging the mouse this changes to

hci_usb is used by 0 devices and bluetooth is used by 6 devices.

Is it possible that something is preloaded during the bootup that is
conflicting with the mouse which gets corrected when the mouse is
unplugged?

Everything worked fine in 5.10 but not in 6.06

Note that this problem appeared after the 5.10 to 6.06 upgrade as well
as after doing a fresh install of 6.06.

Regards

--
HarveyB