GPL compliance

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Sun Jul 2 06:50:25 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-07-02 at 08:35 +0200, Alexander Skwar wrote:
> That's the Urheberrechtsgesetz. That's not *Copyright*.

As I said, for all *practical* purposes it's the same.

> "Recht" means "right" and "gesetz"
> is "law".

I speak German

> If you ask in a german law mailing list or newsgroup, if
> there's a copyrightlaw in germany, you'll be promptly told, thate
> there's no such thing in germany.

So? If you ask on this list about the GPL you get all kinds of answers
of very varying accuracy

> Yep. There's no way to give up the "authorship", contrary to what somebody
> was writing in this thread.

The only thing you retain is your moral right, which won't buy you
anything once you have sold your rights, unless the new owner of the
song you wrote uses it to promote drug use or something.

If I work for a German software company under German law and write code
on the time paid for by the company, the code is THEIRS, end of story.

> It did to me.

You were there?