monitor in sleep and not able to wake

Matthew Kuiken matt.kuiken at verizon.net
Sun Jul 2 02:19:22 UTC 2006

Noah wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> dapper installed.
>
> Never really saw a response to my original post.  I am hoping that
> rewording hte situation brings about some response.
>
> so I have a USB/VGA KVM switch box from Gefen Technologies.  When I
> switch away from the ubuntu server the screen is sent into a power
> saving mode and the video is shut down and no signal is sent.
>
> When I return to the KVM port that the ubuntu server is attached I am
> unable to awake the monitor and regain a viewable image of the
> screen.  The monitor never gets a signal again.
>
> I am using a USB keyboard and mouse and they don't appear to be
> operational and/or responsive at all.  so I think there is something
> else going on here.  They are in an operation where they are unable to
> be read by the ubuntu server therefore unable to awake the monitor
> from its sleep status.
>
> Any clues on what to do here?  It could be an unwanted feature that
> needs fixing.

Hi,
I saw the first email, and I really don't have an answer.  The only
thing I can do is recall that there were people in the list talking
about issues with USB keyboards and mice.  I wonder if the equivalent of
an unplug/replug of your keyboard and mouse is causing problems.  The
people with issues were talking about a setting in the BIOS for legacy
support for USB keyboards, or something like that.  My only suggestion
is to look for such an option and see if it helps...

Sorry I can't really help more.

-Matt