iPod / Amarok / Buffer I/O Issues

scoultas ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Sat Jul 1 14:34:01 UTC 2006

I followed Ylan's instructions for compiling a new kernel.

Unfortunately, my system has a problem where when a new kernel is
installed, it results in a kernel panic.  For previous kernel
additions, this meant I added a line :

initrd          /boot/initrd.img-2.6.15-23-k7

to my /boot/grub/menu.lst, which stopped the panic error.

In this case, I added a similar line to my custom kernel - now,
normally, I have an initrd that matches the new kernel, but in this
instance no new initrd.img file was available, so I presumed the above
entry, /boot/initrd.img-2.6.15-23-k7, was still good even though my new
kernel is called 2.6.15-23-k7-ipod.

When I attempted to boot up, I got :

Warning : Couldn't open /lib/modules/2.6.15-23-k7-ipod : no such file
or directory

Fatal : /lib/modules/2.6.15-23-k7-ipod/modules.dep.temp could not be
opened for writing.

I checked, and I do have /lib/modules/2.6.15-23-k7-ipod as a
directory.

I can't seem to get past this point now - any ideas?

--
scoultas