Pressing Power Button should Hibernate (suspend-to-disk) system

Alexander Skwar listen at alexander.skwar.name
Sat Jul 1 06:06:02 UTC 2006

Hallo.

I'd like to setup the system so, that when I press the power button
for a /short/ time, the system should "Hibernate", ie. suspend-to-disk.
It should do so, by executing /usr/sbin/hibernate. And when I keep the
power button pushed for a /long/ time, the system should shut down.

Right now, when I push the power button shortly, the system shuts down.

I'm using Ubuntu Dapper, ie. Gnome. I had a look at the "Energy" settings
under System, but I didn't find how to configure what I want there.

How do I do that?

Thanks,

Alexander Skwar
--
If one tells the truth, one is sure, sooner or later, to be found out.
		-- Oscar Wilde, "Phrases and Philosophies for the Use