Mldonkey, Sancho, and user privelages

Dave M G martin at autotelic.com
Tue Jan 31 11:11:22 UTC 2006

Ubuntu Users,

    I use Sancho to interface with Mldonkey. Everything I download goes
to the /var/lib/mldonkey/incoming/
 directory.

    I'd rather download everything to a different directory of my
choosing, and select other directories for keeping share files, but that
is not my current question. (Although advice on how to do that would be
most welcome).

    The problem is that everything that gets downloaded seems to be
owned by root, or at the very least not executable by me. In order to
move, access, or delete anything I download through Mldonkey/Sancho, I
have to sudo and change the permissions of the files.

    It's kind of a hassle. Is there a way to make it so that what I
download with Mldonkey will have permissions so that I, as a regular
user, and the only user of the computer, can use without having to
specifically manipulate the permissions?

    Thank you, and any advice would be much appreciated.

--
Dave M G