making mldonkey handle bittorrent downloads

Dave M G martin at autotelic.com
Tue Jan 31 11:05:54 UTC 2006

Ubuntu Users,

    I have Mldonkey handling most of my P2P needs. However, I have not
been able to configure it to be the default client for bittorrent downloads.

    In Firefox, I've tired pointing to "mldonkey" as the default
application for bittorrents, that does not seem to be the way to make it
work. Perhaps since mldonkey is some sort of server and not an
application (?) it requires special set up.

    If anyone can tell me how to get bittorrents to be handled by
mldonkey, that would be great.

    Thank you for any advice.

--
Dave M G