[dapper] NVidia graphics drivers

Sasha Tsykin stsykin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 02:42:40 UTC 2006

Does anybody know how to install the latest graphics drivers from
NVidia, including the 32-bit libraries, into 64-bit Dapper? I've got an
NVidia FX5900 graphics card. Every time I install it following the guide
at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=75074 the installation works
perfectly, with no error messages, but afterwards, when I try to load X
(sudo /etc/init.d/gdm start) I just get the blue screen with the message
that X can't start and I should make sure my xorg.conf is all correct.
When I go back and change the driver back to nv, and enable the dri and
glcore modules again, it works fine, but then I have no 3d acceleration.
\I'd really like to get the 32-bit libraries working which is why I
can't use nvidia-glx.

Thanks in advance,

Sasha