Triple-boot? -- XP Pro/ubuntu [or kubuntu]/Mandriva

Chuck Mattsen mattsen at arvig.net
Mon Jan 30 22:02:50 UTC 2006

On Monday 30 January 2006 15:45, Olaf Stein wrote:
OS> If, when getting to the bootloader config, you see that not all your OS`s
OS> are in the list, do not install the bootloader. That at least will not
mess
OS> up the other OS`s.
OS>
OS> Then boot into madriva and add your ubuntu system to the existing list in
OS> lilo.conf
OS> You need to remember the partition /dev/had* most likely

Oh, so I can simply do an install *without* the bootloader at all (which would
leave [k]ubuntu temporarily nonbootable, but present in its bright, shiny new
partitions, and could simply then make it bootable by later booting into
Mandriva (where I can at least get around and edit configs, when necessary),
make the changes, and then reboot and find all 3 OS'es available for boot
options?

If so, I'm encouraged.

Chuck MATTSEN / Mahnomen, MN, USA / mattsen at arvig.net
Mandriva Linux release 2006.1 (Cooker) for i586
kernel 2.6.12-13mdk-i686-up-4GB / RLU #346519