problem visiting gmail.com

Darryl Clarke smartssa at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 19:34:46 UTC 2006

On 30/01/06, Kim Briggs <patiodragon at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1/30/06, Tab Gilbert <tabbox at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > maybe you habe some firewall ore some other misconfigures program.
> > > tell us littele more...
> > > what have you done ? what could it be
> >
> > I think it has something to do with firefox.  I get them also and did
> > some checking around.  At least in my case it does not appear to have
> > anything to do with the connection.  Sorry I do not have any more
> > information at the current time.
> >
> > tab
> > =====================================
>

> Here is another point of reference.  It MAY be a problem with firefox, but
> it definitely doesn't have to be.  I have used both Ubuntu 5.04 and
> 5.10(insert animals here) and never had a problem with gmail for over
> 6 months.
>
> OTOH, I did have problems with browsing the web in general using Firefox
> 1.0.x, everything was slow.  I tried all the suggested tricks in the help
> pages on tweaking the settings and it didn't work.  I ended up reading in
> this list about a better experience with the package from the Firefox web
> page (think it's 1.5).  I downloaded and installed that and have not had any
> problems since.

Gmail broke for me yesterday night.  Previous to that throughout the
last week I would get the occasional error as the OP displayed.

I'm using Dapper, firefox 1.5.  It worked fine, but now it stops on
the "Loading..." page after I login.  I'm forced to disable script and
use the oogly basic HTML version for now.

Thankfully it's still only beta! ;)

~ Darryl  ~ smartssa at gmail.com
http://smartssa.com / http://darrylclarke.com