xfce desktop

Peter Garrett peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au
Sun Jan 29 15:49:36 UTC 2006

On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 14:47:46 +0100
Duncan Lithgow <duncan at lithgow-schmidt.dk> wrote:

> Frank McCormick wrote:
>
> >	I was getting a little tired of Gnome dragging my system down (450 mhz Pentium 3 with half a gig of memory) so I thought I'd install XFCE. So I did. Was fooling around with the panel settings when lo and behold the panel disappeared. Can't get it back either. Is this a bug? or did I do something dumb?
> >
> I've done that once, I got it back somehow, no biggie. Why not ask them
> - surely they have a discussion list?

The command is  ' xfce4-panel'   - and saving your session after
running that should work to have it there on your next login. I have also
seen this behaviour, so yes, I think it is a bug.

Right click your desktop
for a menu to open a terminal, and then run the command, and choose to
save the session on logout.

Peter

__

'If I ever saw an animated penguin with a speech
bubble saying, "It looks like you're trying to edit fstab",
I'd switch to BSD faster than a speeding Gentoo user.'
-- Paul Hudson