Breezy Installation and Laptop Display

Gregg Fowler greggfowler at comcast.net
Sat Jan 28 18:46:04 UTC 2006

Have been an Ubuntu user on my desktop for two weeks and love it.
Installed on my laptop this morning (Compaq Presario 2100, ATI MOBILITY
RADEON graphics, 15in TFT active matrix display. It seems to boot
normally with the graphic display showing. After booting thought the
screen turns black and the sign in isn't displayed though I here the
"drum beat". I signed in using terminal and ran through the graphics
installation step by step and everything seems to be ok. When I try and
get into the gnome desktop I get a failed notice. I really need some
help. Reformatted the drive and do not want to put windows back on it. I
would appreciate if anyone has any guidance. I'll be glad to send any
more info if required.

Thanks