Un-Installing Ubuntu

Thomas Kaiser (ubuntu) ubuntu at kaiser-linux.li
Sat Jan 28 08:07:18 UTC 2006

Hello Dean

René wrote:
>> Am 28.01.2006, 02:23 Uhr, schrieb Dean Lee <deancihuy at gmail.com>:
>

>> Currently I have 2 OS installed at my laptop (XP &
>> Ubuntu5.04--Intel),  and because I really need to use extra space in
>> my HD, I will need to  uninstall the Ubuntu. Could someone help me in
>> doing that since I have  never done that before. Please give me the
>> full steps necessary for  doing that. =)
If you need more space you have to delete windoz :-)

But if you still need windoz, go out and buy a new HD.

If you really want to delete Ubuntu, you just can use the windoz
partition tool to turn the linux partition into a NTFS or FAT partition
and format it. But then the GRUB bootloader will not work anymore -> you
can not boot anymore. So, you have to get the windoz MBR back!
Boot your box with the windoz install CD and go into recovery mode. You
should get a shell and then use fixmbr (I don't remember if it is really
called fixmbr, but the command help will show you) to install the windoz
MBR. Now the box should boot right into windoz.

Hope you will come back to Linux (Ubuntu) some time, Thomas

--
http://www.kaiser-linux.li