Apache + php

Al Gordon runlevel7 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 17:22:35 UTC 2006

On 1/27/06, robert <ubtu at bathnetworks.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to Ubuntu but I like what I see.
>
> I have run into a problem with Apache2 + php4 + mysql though. It looks
> like apache is not linking to the php module. What I get when I try and
> access the pages is that firefox does not know what to do with the phtml
> file I am trying to down load.
>
> I followed the instructions on
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ApacheMySQLPHP
>

> I have also tried linking php4.load from modules_enabled to php4.load in
> modules_avaiable etc.
>
> I have tried flushing firfox's cache too.
>
> I'm stuck what else should I do.
>
> Rob

I ran into this same problem today, setting up Joomla on a new Ubuntu
5.10 machine.

It appeared that Firefox was for some reason caching information that
I thought it shouldn't be, even after I cleared the cache.  But,
rather than pointing it at http://(joomla site)/ , I pointed it at
http://(joomla site)/index.php, and it worked just fine from that
point on.

I hope this helps you out.