Cannot Surf Internet, but I can Ping

Eric Dunbar eric.dunbar at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 15:57:02 UTC 2006

I'll add a me too.

Until Monday I was getting ready to toss my router and buy a new one
until I had the epiphany that my problem was possibly with the DNS
server in the router -- looking up URLs would take FOREVER, but, once
a connection was established I would have normal ADSL connection
speeds. I manually populated the DNS server entries in my router
(using the very same DNS server IPs that it reported in its Router
Status page ;-) and my internet is much better now.

Now, this leads me to wonder if my router is dying anyway.

Eric.