does reportbug send reports to malone?

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Fri Jan 27 14:54:39 UTC 2006

Daniel Robitaille wrote:

>> > I'd like reportbug to send bugs to malone, but it appears they get sent
>> > to the ubuntu-users mailing list instead.  That seems like the wrong
>> > strategy.
>> >
>> > Maybe I misunderstand the purpose of reportbug?
>> >

>> This has been a bug (reported in bugzilla) - for both reportbug &
>> bug-buddy
>> - since, iirc, hoary.  It doesn't seem like such a big thing to fix, and
>> the developers keep adding comments to the bug as if it _isn't_ such a
>> big
>> thing to fix, but it never gets fixed.  Frustrating.
>
> https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+bug/7839
>
> The bug report has been rather active in the last couple of days,  and
> is now rated "major".  I suspect it will be solved one way or another
> very soon.

Yes.  I discovered fetchmail hadn't been retrieving those emails all week,
and last night I got a large number of emails about the bug - including one
from Mark Shuttleworth.  Looks like something will happen, now, though I'm
concerned that some think reportbug is unnecessary.

fwiw, Corey has apparently been catching the reportbug submissions to this
list, so they aren't being ignored.
--
derek