Cannot Surf Internet, but I can Ping

Steve Tripp progressivepenguin at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 14:45:46 UTC 2006

It's a DNS issue.  In Gnome go to Administration and Networking then
select the DNS tab.  If it is empty, find the DNS servers for your ISP
(in your router's settings) and put them in there, although if you are
using DHCP it is usually automatic.

Using command line, open /etc/resolv.conf and insert nameserver and
the ip of the dns server like so:

nameserver  1.1.1.1

Hope this helps.
Steve Tripp