CUPS password

Mike Kenny inzanix at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 11:15:10 UTC 2006

On 1/26/06, Sasha Tsykin <stsykin at gmail.com> wrote:

> > 1. how do I set up a printer in Ubuntu/CUPS?
> System => Administation => Printing. Double click on "Add Printer" and
> follow the prompts.
>
> Thanks Sasha.

That got me a bit further (well a lot, really). I have now set up my HP
Laserjet 2200 as a network printer on HP JetDirect 9100, everything else
uses default values. I can print a test page, but this page remains in the
queue with a stsus of printing and blocks all subsequent pages. If I delete
it then the next page prints, and then stays in the queue, is there some
setting somewhere that will force the queue to flush completed jobs?

Thanks,

Mike