Still trying to get first boot

Sasha Tsykin stsykin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 10:12:30 UTC 2006

Kevin Purcell wrote:
> Anyone have an idea besides these.  It seems everywhere I have asked this
> question they say to do the reconfigure xserver, but then give very little
> instruction on what entries to use once inside.

It's possible the xserver is not detecting you monitor properly. Insert
its specifications manually. You don't actually need to understand what
the questions mean. Just print off the the specifications sheet and
answer the questions from that.
> Maybe I'm just not knowledgeable enough to do this.  But  everyone says this
> one is the easy one to learn.

It can be hard, depending on the specific problem. Some of the questions
there are slightly arcane ;).
> Thanks in advance.
> Kevin

Best wishes,